Saturday, June 27, 2009

INCREDIBLE! Beyonce pays tribute to Michael Jackson by performing "I Can't Help It" at her "I Am Tour!"



Beyonce stunned the crowd earlier today at the Philadelphia show of her "I Am Tour" when she stopped the normal set list to pay tribute to the late Michael Jackson, performing his song "I Can't Help It" from his breakthrough album "Off The Wall". Check it out below.



Wow, that was absolutely amazing. Usually I don't feel much soul or emotion from Beyonce when she sings, talks, or performs, but I really felt her heart with this. I've always just thought of her as somebody who got pushed into singing and performing but doesn't really love music as a passion, so I was surprised that she chose "I Can't Help It" from his "Off The Wall" album, considering that it wasn't even a single. I guess everybody in America would know it though, but still, it was a good choice. "Off The Wall" is my favorite MJ album so it was definitely beautiful to be able to see Bey sing it in such an honest way. She sounded flawless, like her voice was a gift from God, and I'd even love to see her release a proper cover on a compilation or something. Watching this brings tears to my eyes and for once I saw Beyonce as human instead of a poor little rich girl, a dummy, or a diva. Music really can bring people together like nothing else, and that's why it's the greatest thing in the world! I love you Michael xox!

No comments: