Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009



I thought I'd do a post where everybody could leave a comment with their favourite MJ moments, songs, or albums. I'm really upset about his death and concerned for his family, but I think we all need to think positively and celebrate everything that he's given music. Michael's talent was a gift from God and I'm relieved that now he'll be able to escape all the rumours and negativity that the media spread about him. Anyways check out my two selections below.


Michael Jackson - Ben

La Toya Jackson - He's My Brother

I chose "Ben" because not only was it his first number one hit, but it was like a sign of the greatness that was going to come. It's sung so beautifully and the lyrics make me think about him and how misunderstood he was.

The other song I chose is a little silly, but it's really sweet and sincere. "He's My Brother" was released by Michaels sister La Toya in 1989 for her album "Bad Girl". It's a great song and really celebrates him in a positive way. It's so a happy and joyful, but at the same time it's making me sad because I'm thinking about his family, especially Toy and Jan. Janet was the closest to Michael out of anyone so she must be inconsolable, but I'm trying not to think about that too much or I'll be too upset.

What was your favorite Michael Jackson moment or song?

No comments: